The 2008 Winners in Leadership in Sustainability Policy are:
- Richard J. Daley, Mayor; Sadhu Aufochs Johnston, Chief Environmental Officer, Mayor’s Office; City of Chicago.
- Department of Street Services, City of Dallas
- Brad Reed, Inspection Coordinator; City of Lubbock, Texas
- Project: 100th ICF house (HUD funded HOME project)-Construction of low-income housing using ICF systems provides superior construction technology at an affordable price and significant reductions in energy usage.
- Dennis C. Kilfoil, Executive Director, Marion County Housing Authority; Salem, Ore.
- Project: Hazelwood Estates, Woodburn, Ore.-ICF wall systems were chosen for sound attenuation, fire resistance and to minimize long-term maintenance and minimize energy requirements.
- Najib Fares, PE; Infrastructure Manager, Transportation & Public Works Department; City of Fort Worth, Texas
- Project: Annual street maintenance program for the city of Fort Worth
- Peggy J. Dunn, Mayor; Joe C. Johnson, Director of Public Works, Leawood; Leawood, Kan.
- Project: Pervious concrete parking lot in I-Lan Park
- Kurtis J. Grassett, Director of Public Works; Hancock, N.H.
- Project: Rebuilding of Antrim Road using FDR with cement
- Elaine M. Scruggs, Mayor; Horatio Skeete, Deputy City Manager; Cathy Colbath, Transit Administrator; City of Glendale, Ariz.
- Project: Park and ride parking lot project using pervious concrete
Report Abusive Comment