The Gypsum Association has recently posted its third free continuing education unit course on www.gypsum.org. The course, titled “Application of Gypsum Panel Products,” offers one Health, Safety, and Welfare CEU learning unit with the AIA. The offering shows participants how to use the publication “GA-216, Application and Finishing of Gypsum Panel Products,” as a guide for planning and specifying the installation of various gypsum panel products in a variety of building systems, including wood and steel framed partitions, walls and ceilings.
After completing the course, participants will better understand:
• The terms and materials defined in GA-216;
• The different methods of applying gypsum panel products;
• The basic environmental conditions for installing gypsum panel products;
• The general requirements for installing gypsum panel products;
• The various fasteners used with gypsum panel products and the requirements for the installation of those fasteners;
• And requirements for special applications of gypsum panel products.
This course lays the ground work for the two other CEU courses on the GA’s Web site, a one-HSW learning unit course titled “Understanding the Finishing of Gypsum Panel Products Using GA-216 and GA-214, Recommended Levels of Gypsum Board Finish,” and a two-HSW learning unit course titled Understanding the GA-600 Fire Resistance Design Manual. All three courses are available to anyone with internet access free of charge. Upon successful completion, AIA members will receive the applicable CEU credits and all participants will receive a certificate of completion from the Gypsum Association.
Free CEU Course offered by GA
January 6, 2009