Guide for Design and Construction with Autoclaved Aerated Concrete Panels (523.4R-09)
This guide is intended for use by architects, engineers, contractors, building officials, and manufacturers. Its purpose is to present, in a single source, information that can help those individuals design, specify, and construct with factory-reinforced panels of autoclaved aerated concrete. In this guide, introductory information on AAC is first presented, followed by a description of its manufacture, guidance on structural design using reinforced panels, and guidance on construction with such panels.
“Autoclaved aerated concrete is an environmentally-friendly, green, sustainable, and structurally efficient building material,” said Konstantin Sobolev, chair of ACI committee 523, Cellular Concrete. “The developed guide is a powerful tool to incorporate this innovative material into construction practice.”
Fabrication Technology for Thin Cementitious Products CD-ROM (SP260)
This CD-ROM consists of papers that were presented at a session sponsored by ACI committee 549 at the Fall 2007 Convention in Fajardo, Puerto Rico. The objective of the symposium was to have a state-of-the-art review on the development of fabrication methods for cementitious products and explore their potential market opportunity in residential and industrial building applications.
- Importance of Processing in Advanced Cement-Based Products
- Development of Thermal Insulation and Storage Materials Using Extrusion Technique
- Nailable Extruded HPFRCC for Use in Residential Building Applications
- The Use of a Continuous Mixer and a Fast-Setting Cement to Produce GFRC Architectural Products
- Glass Fiber-Reinforced Concrete (GFRC)Manufacturing Processes and their Development
- Behavior of the MR Sandwich Panel in Flexure
- Analysis of a Novel Thin-Walled Concrete Pole Centrifugally Cast Into a Fiberglass Tube
- Production Methods for Textile-Reinforced Concrete
- Carbonation Curing of Cement Bonded Fiberboard Made by Slurry-Dewatering Process