- Fiberock Brand Aqua-Tough Sheathing Panels
- Fiberock Brand Aqua-Tough Underlayment
- Fiberock Brand Aqua-Tough Tile Backerboard
- Fiberock Brand Aqua-Tough Interior Panels
- Fiberock Brand Abuse-Resistant Interior Panels
- Fiberock Brand VHI (Very High Impact) Abuse-Resistant Interior Panels
All Fiberock products are now made at USG's plant in Gypsum, Ohio (the Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia, facility was closed several years ago).
The Aqua-Tough brand indicates that the panels are water resistant through the core-note that this includes our sheathing product. Additionally, a coating is applied to the surface to provide superior adhesive attachment of the finish materials.
Perlite is not used in the formulation of any of the Fiberock panels; the density is controlled by proprietary processing technology.
Currently, the standard widths of Fiberock panels are 36 and 48 inches. Although a common method for cutting the thicker panels is to use a mechanical saw, the 1/4- and 3/8-inch-thick products are easily scored and snapped.
We encourage W&C readers who are interested in learning more about this innovative product family to visit the USG Web site at www.usg.com for the latest technical information and specifications.
Director, Engineered Panels