Rockfon Showcases at Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo
Rockfon will showcase its solutions for improving acoustics and enhancing aesthetics at the 26th Annual Healthcare Facilities Symposium & Expo in Chicago on October 1 and 2. Architects, designers and construction professionals visiting the Rockfon booth (#427) can learn how Rockfon’s ceiling tiles help healthcare facilities create the ideal healing environment for a positive patient experience.
Attracting more than 3,000 attendees, HFSE features educational sessions, networking opportunities and an exhibit hall of products targeted at the healthcare segment.
“The interior design of an acute care facility plays a significant role in the healing process,” said Chris Marshall, sales director, Rockfon North America. “Today, hospitals and healthcare facilities focus on creating warm, nurturing environments to relieve patient stress and promote greater well-being. Our innovative ceiling solutions for the healthcare market were created to help meet these goals by minimizing excessive noise while providing optimal visual appeal.”
Experts at the Rockfon booth will show how stone wool, a key raw material in Rockfon’s ceiling tiles, enables superior performance attributes, including high sound absorption, sustainability, dimensional stability, and fire, water and humidity resistance. Visitors can also learn about Rockfon products currently available in the North American market, a broad portfolio that includes suspended and monolithic ceilings, islands and baffles.
Rockfon products offer outstanding characteristics in areas such as:
- Design—Rockfon ceilings combine visually appealing design elements with function to offer healthcare facilities a wide array of colors, shapes and sizes.
- Hygiene—Rockfon ceilings provide a durable surface that is easy to clean and helps prevent the spread of infection and bacteria. The inherent properties of stone wool ensure that the ceilings remain mildew- and mold-resistant.
- Acoustics—Noise levels can often affect a patient’s recovery, but with high sound absorption, Rockfon tiles reduce distracting noises, and with high sound insulation, the tiles enable greater speech privacy.
- Fire Safety—Stone wool is non-combustible and doesn’t melt until it reaches a temperature of 2,150 degrees Fahrenheit, providing occupants with a few extra minutes to escape in the event of a fire.
- Sustainability—Each Rockfon ceiling tile is composed of stone wool, a renewable resource produced from volcanic rock, along with a number of recycled materials, such as slag, to help meet sustainability goals.
To learn more about Rockfon and its products, stop by booth #427 or visit www.rockfon.com.