ANSI approved the Scaffold & Access Industry Association as an Accredited Standards Developer for the Accredited Standards Committee A11 Committee—Design, Manufacturing and Performance Testing related to Scaffolding, Shoring and Forming Products and Related Components and Accessories.
Formerly developed by the Scaffold, Shoring and Forming Institute, the SAIA is responsible for adhering to the policies and procedures outlined in the ANSI Essential Requirements, which govern the consensus development process.
The ASC A11 will manage and maintain the following standards:
- A11.SC100 - Standards for Testing and Rating Scaffold Assemblies and Components
- A11.SH300 - Standards for Testing and Rating Shoring Equipment
- A11.SPS1.1 - Standard Requirements and Test Methods for Testing and Rating Portable Rigging Devices for Suspended Scaffold
- A11.SPS2.1 - Standard Requirements for Testing and Rating Multiple Point Suspended Scaffold Platforms with Hinged Connections
- A11.SPS3.1 - Standard Requirements for Testing of Corner Sections Used with Suspended Platforms
- A11.F400 - Standards for Testing and Rating Vertical Concrete Formwork, Ties, and Accessories
- A11.P500 - Standards for Testing and Rating Manufactured Scaffold Planks and Decks
Membership for the ASC A11 Main Committee and seven subcommittees is currently open. You can download the membership application here. Registration for the November 11 -12, 2015 ASC A11 Annual Meeting will be available soon.
To learn more about ASC A11, please contact DeAnna Martin, Associate Director, at 816.595.4860 or firstname.lastname@example.org.