Attend METALCON 2015
The 25th annual METALCON starts Wednesday, October 14 at the Tampa Convention Center. Below are highlights of this year’s event. More information and details are at www.metalcon.com.
- Exhibit hall is open Wednesday and Thursday, Noon to 6:00 pm; Friday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Experts from 262 exhibiting companies, including 48 new companies, share their product knowledge with visitors from more than 52 countries.
- Education programs are in two formats: Classroom sessions run Wednesday and Thursday, 8:30 am to 11:45 am; Learning Zones, 15-minute sessions on applications and techniques, run daily in Booth 845 and in Booth 1145. Complete lists of conference sessions and Learning Zone topics and times are in the online press kit.
Tuesday and Wednesday
The ever popular STUD U is a two-day program that combines classroom and hands-on workshops to offer an easy-to-understand, yet comprehensive exploration of framing with cold-formed steel.
- Keynote presentation by Clyde Fessler, former VP of Business Development for Harley-Davidson, runs from 10:15 to 11:45 am. He will also be at will be on The Deck, booth 937, at 1 p.m. to mingle and sign copies of his new book.
- U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Russ Marek, 2006 recipient of METALCON’s ADA accessible home, visits the show. This Satellite Beach, Fla. resident spent more than a year recuperating from his injuries at the Haley VA Medical Center in Tampa Bay. He will be at The Deck, Booth 937, to meet with visitors and be available for interviews with the media.
- New Tech in Booth #709, and S-5! in Booth #817, co-host The Official METALON 25th Anniversary Tailgate Party from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- METALCON's 25th Anniversary Party, Ballroom B, from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. Among the VIPs will be representatives of the 18 companies that helped pioneer METALCON and have remained exhibitors.
- Valspar, Booth #1019, hosts a celebration for the 50th Anniversary of Fluropon, 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Rheinzink Beer Party, Booth #1412, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m., have a toast to 25 years of METALCON!
- Watch the action at the second annual MCA METAL ROOFING CHAMPIONSHIP GAMES in Booth 109. Wednesday and Thursday every hour from 12:45 to 4:45; Friday from 10:30 to 1:15. Participants are chosen from the audience for a chance to win $100 each.
- Get Charged Up at Charging Stations sponsored by the Metal Roofing Alliance, Booth #1717
- Download the METALCON app from www.metalcon.com from either the attendee or highlights page. Sponsored by MBCI, it has up-to-the-minute show details, daily specials, and a way to easily navigate the exhibit hall.