WernerCo announces the release of an expanded portfolio of Self Retracting Lifelines (SRLs), including the compact retractable Bantam6. Personal SRL devices are the fastest growing product segment in the fall protection industry. The clear benefit of an SRL—in comparison to a lanyard—is the ability to reduce the fall distance by up to 5.5 feet. An SRL is ultimately a better choice because it results in a shorter free fall for the user, therefore decreasing impact and chance of injury.
“At WernerCo, we continually develop and test new products that enhance functionality and productivity to create the safest and most efficient work environment,” said Eric Miller, senior product manager at WernerCo. “The new Bantam6 SRL product line meets stringent safety requirements and expands our offering to include personal SRL options for lower heights, which is significant since a fall from a 1-story building can cause serious injuries.”
Bantam6 Product Benefits
The Bantam6 SRL family provides a unique solution meeting Class A Safety Standards in performance testing. These new SRLs extend and retract automatically during typical use so they won’t get in the way of the job ensuring maximum productivity and safety at the same time. Its brake mechanism activates immediately in the event of a fall, reducing fall distance and impact to the body.
The Bantam6 SRLs are compact and lightweight at less than 2.5 pounds, making it easy to transport to and from the job site. Available with a steel or aluminum hook, the Bantam SRL line features 310 pound rated capacity and durable 1-inch Dyneema webbing to ensure the SRL is in excellent working condition for each use.
Four Unique SRL Families of Werner Self Retracting Lifelines
WernerCo now offers a variety of other fall protection SRL options in addition to the new Bantam6, including the Baseline SRL, Max Patrol and AutoCoil2.
SRL product highlights and features include:
- Affordable: Baseline SRLs offer the same safety features as the other lines but at a more affordable cost.
- Meets Safety Standards: Baseline meets Class B safety standard performance testing.
- Easy to Transport: Baseline SRLs are compact and lightweight, making transport to and from the job site easy and efficient.
Max Patrol SRLs:
- Freedom of Movement: Max Patrol maximizes the user’s freedom of movement with improved line-lock performance.
- High Weight Capacity: The Max Patrol Web SRL features 400 pound rated capacity, ensuring safety for every user.
- Easy to Inspect: Max Patrol also includes WebAlert inspectable webbing, allowing easy inspection to ensure the system is in the best working condition.
- Durable: Includes durable impact-resistant housing to protect internal mechanisms against device damage in a fall or drop.
- Breadth of Line: The AutoCoil2 products offer the broadest range of web and cable models in the Werner fall protection SRL offering.
- Freedom of Movement: AutoCoil2 SRLs provide safe and reliable protection while allowing for freedom of movement around the job site.
- Increased Braking: AutoCoil2 features a robust internal braking mechanism, ensuring the safety of the end user.
- Inspection: AutoCoil2 also includes a web impact indicator.
Learn more about the full line of Werner Self Retracting Lifelines here.