Continuing to build on their commitment to safety excellence, 23 BrandSafway refinery and plant crews earned the Contractor Safety Achievement Award from the American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers (AFPM) association based on their outstanding safety records in 2018.
“We are thrilled to break our own record by receiving 23 awards from AFPM, an organization that shares our commitment to protecting the health and safety of our employees,” said Paul Amedee, BrandSafway vice president of Global Environmental Health and Safety. “This national recognition reinforces our dedication to the culture of safety that employees and contractors live out each day.”
BrandSafway team members receiving the honor for their 2018 safety efforts include:
- Chevron Corporation – Chevron Richmond; El Segundo Refinery; Pascagoula Refinery
- BASF Corporation – Geismar Works
- Delek US – Krotz Springs Refinery
- ExxonMobil Chemical Co. – Baton Rouge Chemical Plant
- ExxonMobil Refining & Supply – Baton Rouge Refinery
- LyondellBasell Industries – Chocolate Bayou Polymers Plant
- Marathon Petroleum Corporation – Anacortes Refinery
- PBF Energy– Chalmette Refinery; Delaware City Refinery; Paulsboro Refinery
- Phillips 66 – Alliance Refinery; Ferndale Refinery; Lake Charles Manufacturing Complex
- Shell Oil Products U.S. – Convent Refinery; Norco Chemical Plant; Puget Sound Refinery
- Total Petrochemicals USA, Inc. – Carville Styrenics Plant
- Valero Energy Corporation – Texas City Refinery
- Valero Refining Company – St. Charles Refinery; Valero Memphis Refinery; Valero Meraux Refinery
In 2018, BrandSafway earned the Contractor Safety Achievement award for 19 sites.
The AFPM awards program promotes safe work practices and accident prevention in the 117 refineries and more than 230 petrochemical manufacturing facilities the association represents. The award recognizes maintenance contractors working a minimum of 20,000 hours per calendar year at a regular AFPM-member facility with no major workplace-related injuries, while exemplifying strong and consistent safety processes. The AFPM Safety Awards are part of a comprehensive program developed by the association’s Safety & Health Committee, and awards are presented to facilities and contractors who promote accident prevention. Qualifications for awards are based on records from the OSHA 300A Summary and API 754 Process Safety Collection.
BrandSafway will be honored on Thursday, April 25, at the Safety Awards Event during the 2019 National Occupational & Process Safety Conference and Exhibition in Grapevine, Texas.