During AWCI’s sessions on March 15, several contractors will gather for a roundtable to discuss the issue of safety. Among the panel are Marek Bros.’ John Hinson, Raymond Group’s Travis Winsor and Performance Contracting Group’s Shawn Burnum. Join attendees for an enlightening discussion and debate about establishing an effective safety culture in the wall and ceiling construction industry. The session, “Executive Panel on Creating a Safety Culture,” will be moderated by AWCI CEO Mike Stark.
Among the topics to be discussed are:
- What does a safety culture mean to you?
- Where do safety personnel sit on your organizational chart and what is their role within your organization?
- What is your company’s vision for safety over the next five years and do you forecast safety becoming larger, smaller or staying the same regarding the roles and responsibilities of your employees and safety staff?
- What does your organization do to make safety and risk part of your project managers’, estimators’ and superintendents’ job descriptions, and how are they held accountable for it?
- With respect to your organization, what are the leading indicators that you track and how do you utilize the information to drive safety performance or identify gaps?
This roundtable will be held at the Champagne Ballroom (Paris, Casino Level) at 9:45 a.m.