Knaack Celebrates 50 Years of Business
Knaack LLC is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a year-long roster of events involving end users, distributors, employees and the Crystal Lake, Ill., community.
The company officially kicked-off its anniversary at its Crystal Lake headquarters with a May 6 Press Day, followed by an employee celebration May 8.
Founded in 1960 to supply job site boxes to a construction supply house, Knaack began in a 2,000 square-foot facility in Crystal Lake. It has since expanded its headquarters location to more than 400,000 square-feet with 285 employees.
“We would like to thank all the folks who made the first 50 years of Knaack possible,” said Chad Severson, president of the company. “Our gratitude begins with the folks who use our products for a living, to trusted channel partners, and to both current and prior employees of Knaack. Finally, we’d like to recognize our suppliers, for without their help along the way, we wouldn’t be observing this wonderful milestone.”
The company thanks those behind its 50 years of business:
• For end users, the celebration kicks off with the company’s “Nifty Fifty Jobsite Storage Giveaway,” which is an ongoing, online sweepstakes and product giveaway, as well as the unveiling of a special edition anniversary jobsite chest, the Limited Edition KNAACK Model 50 Jobsite Storage Chest.
• For distributors, Knaack will run an anniversary marketing campaign and a pre-order product discount.
• For employees and their families, Knaack will host an open house at its headquarters in Crystal Lake, Illinois. Employees, their families, and members of the community will be on hand for special festivities for the day. Additional celebratory activities are planned throughout the year.
• For the local community, Knaack will donate five Limited Edition KNAACK Model 50 Jobsite Storage Chests to the Crystal Lake Park District for use on municipal ball fields.
“As a company, our focus has always been on providing our customers with high-quality products that are secure, durable and convenient to use,” Severson added. “We’ve been successfully doing this for the last 50 years and we’ll remain consistent with these values as we move forward into the future.”
The “Nifty Fifty Jobsite Storage Giveaway” is a sweepstakes for qualified end users who register online at www.KnaackFifty.com. Every 50 days, Knaack will randomly select a winner who will receive a KNAACK Limited Edition Anniversary Model 50 Jobsite Storage Chest. Also, for those end users who upload a qualified KNAACK job site photo, they will receive a Limited Edition KNAACK 50th Anniversary cap.
The Limited Edition KNAACK Model 50 Jobsite Storage Chest delivers many new features along with the security and quality that contractors have depended on for fifty years, including:
• New WATCHMAN 5 locking system, which is virtually weather and tamper-resistant
• New convenient size with lower height for easy access
• New Cover-Assist Handle and cable support for simplified lid closure
• New powder-coat finish for maximum durability and corrosion resistance
• 6-inch industrial-strength casters for improved mobility.
Complete with anniversary logo, the Limited Edition KNAACK Model 50 Jobsite Storage Chest will be available to the public from June 1 through December 31 of this year. Knaack also manufactures and markets a complete line of Weather Guard truck and van equipment.