A $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to one student during both the fall and spring semesters of each academic year. To apply for the upcoming fall semester, students must complete a case study using the company’s Quick Bid and/or On-Screen Takeoff programs, and submit it before May 31, 2011. Free trial software licenses are available for students who wish to participate, because it is On Center Software’s goal to provide the next generation of construction professionals with the tools they need to succeed in the industry.
Scholarship recipients will be determined based on the following criteria:
- Professionalism of case study
- Industry knowledge and standards
- Level of software usage
- Electronic plans and bidding
- The cost and effect of change orders on a project
- Rapid takeoff with several methods of organization
- Takeoff ideas and concepts for customers using software
For a complete list of rules and requirements, please contact the company’s Academic Program representatives firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (800) 880-8254.