The association’s Lake Mary Regional Luncheon & Networking Session is April 4 at the Lake Mary Marriott. Two topics will be discussed for this two-hour session:
- “The Value of Exterior Insulated Claddings” is presented by Dryvit and is presented by Rick Mangan and Jeff Brunner. The event is AIA and USGBC accredited. The objectives for this is to outline and recognize the attributes of locating continuous insulation on the exterior wall assembly, thermal bridging, dew point, R value and improved energy efficiency. The session will also discuss how EIFS fits into sustainable design practices and contributes to LEED credits.
- “ASTM Stucco Update”: This event is presented by Cemex’s Bobby Wilson. In this presentation, attendees will learn of upcoming changes to ASTM C-926, how to inform project managers of the latest requirements and how ASTM relates to businesses.
On April 27, the association’s Regional Golf Tournament takes place at Falcon’s Fire Golf Club in Kissimmee. Registration cost is $175, with hole/tee sponsorships available. The event kicks-off at noon with a 1:00 p.m. shotgun start.
On May 11, it will hold a Building Code Update Seminar from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the Lake Mary Marriott, in Lake Mary, Fla. The cost is $50 per attendee, which includes breakfast, lunch, refreshments and course materials. The following code updates will be held:
- CILB #0609365: “The Florida Building Code, Building 2007VS 2010” (good for four hours of CE credit).
- CILB #0609151: “FBC Changes Module 1, Significant Change to the 2012 Florida Building Code.” This one-hour advanced module course has both commission and CILB approval. This will satisfy the one-hour advanced module required for contractors or will serve as a general credit for contractors.
- CILB #0609152: “FBC Changes Module 2, Significant Change to the 2010 Florida Building Code, Residential.” This one-hour advanced module course has both commission and CILB approval. This will satisfy the one-hour advanced module required for contractors or will serve as general credit for contractors.
- CILB #0609153: “FBC Changes Module 3, Existing Building, Mechanical, Plumbing, Energy Conservation.” This will satisfy the one hour advanced module required for contractors or will serve as a general credit for contractors.
Contact Janice at email@example.com for registration information.