Now in its 11th year, the Internet Advertising Competition Awards, produced by the Web Marketing Association, recognize excellence in a variety of online categories, including online ads, video, mobile, newsletter and social media.
“We are honored to receive this recognition,” said Ron Kass, Hunter Douglas executive vice president of marketing. “We developed ‘The Art of Window Dressing’ App to dramatically improve the process of how consumers begin their search to find the perfect window treatments—to simplify it and make it fun. Since its launch in February of last year, the App has been downloaded by tens of thousands of people. These award results are further testament to the fact that we have succeeded. We thank the judges for their strong endorsement.”
The trend-setting App was developed by Hunter Douglas in conjunction with Enlighten of Ann Arbor, Mich., and Visual IT Ltd. in the United Kingdom.
- “Fashion Show”: A virtual showroom of the company’s extensive line of custom window fashions that add great design to any home.
- “Dress a Window”: that allows consumers to preview how each product looks in sample room scenes or in their own homes. They can take their own picture of a room and render products right on the windows to preview how different styles impact the overall decor.
- “Swatch Sorter”: This lets consumers sort through the thousands of choices. They can select among light-filtering options, different fabrics and color families. The color section sorts the fabrics available in each product style by color families. Once a color family is selected, just the fabrics within that family are shown so that the process of finding just the right fabric/color combination is much easier.
- A “Workbook” for saving room renderings complete with product specifications. These room scenes can be shared by e-mail, Facebook and when visiting dealers.
- A Dealer Locator for sourcing nearby retailers.
“The Art of Window Dressing” has also won several other important awards: best design mobile application and best consumer goods mobile application in the first international Mobile Web Awards and silver in the mobile applications—shopping category of the W3 Awards. It also captured best marketing technology in the Window Covering Manufacturers Association Product Awards, the benchmark of industry excellence.
“The Art of Window Dressing” App is available at the iTunes App Store, as well as through a link on www.hunterdouglas.com.