ClarkDietrich BIM Framing Tools Now Part of Pro Wall Software Package
ClarkDietrich Building Systems recently released its custom BIM Framing Tools to subscribers of the StrucSoft Solutions Metal Wood Framer (MWF) Pro Wall packages. MWF is a template-based and rule-driven extension to Autodesk Revit for framing that empowers users to automate the modeling, clash detection and manufacturing of light gauge steel and wood framing BIM models.
Along with MWF’s wall framing creation and clash detection components, MWF also will include the following ClarkDietrich products and framing tools:
- ClarkDietrich/SFIA Standard Members: Includes all structural and nonstructural stud and track Revit families required to frame/panelize in MWF Pro Wall.
- ProSTUD Non-Structural Stud Selection Tool: A selection tool that allows the user to lookup ProSTUD limiting heights and automatically load in the required ProSTUD and ProTRAK families into Revit and MWF’s walls.
- Structural Stud Selection Tool: A selection tool that allows the user to look up structural stud limiting heights for interior and exterior walls and automatically loads in the required ClarkDietrich/SFIA Families.
- Top Deflection Track Tool: This selection tool allows the user to add a diverse lineup of top deflection track systems into their Revit MWF walls. Systems include: ProTRAK Deep Leg, Non-Structural Deep Leg, Structural Deep Leg, MaxTrak and MaxTrak 2D Slotted Deflection Track and BlazeFrame Fire Stop Deflection Track systems.
- Opening Framing Tool: Allows users to simplify the process of building a diverse lineup of header, sill and jamb systems with MWF’s wall templates and/or Marker tools. Systems include RedHeader RO and HDS Framing System to build header, sill and jamb configurations.
- TradeReady Floor Joist Framing Layout Tool: With StrucSoft’s advanced floor layout tool (MWF Pro Floor), ClarkDietrich will also include its premier TradeReady Floor Joist System in the package.
“When it comes to building BIM models with cold-formed steel framing and detecting clashes of other trade systems, having the right tools in your Revit software is essential,” said Mike Murzyn Technical Product and Marketing Manager at ClarkDietrich Building Systems. “The combination of these tools will help the project’s design teams mix collaboration between all the trades and streamline their cold-formed steel Revit BIM models.”
In 2011, ClarkDietrich introduced the Wall Type Creator Revit Add-In. This was the first cold-formed steel Revit Add-In design tool to help architects create information-rich wall types, with specific details on UL, STC and limiting heights.
For more information, visit www.clarkdietrich.com.