Professional Sealant for Window, Door and Siding Applications
OSI Adhesives and Sealants
The OSI brand announced the availability of new QUAD MAX, the next generation of window, door and siding sealant that offers maximum durability and application performance, helping contractors reduce call-backs and meet the demands of new building practices.
QUAD MAX window, door and siding sealant is a patented new sealant formula that addresses contractor sealant requirements with superior flexibility, strength and durability performance, even in the harshest weather conditions – like freezing temperatures, intense heat, powerful winds, rain, sleet, snow, dirt – and is the flagship product in OSI’s new “Tougher Than the Elements” brand re-launch.
The launch of OSI’s new brand and QUAD MAX follows three years of extensive research and development efforts by Henkel and OSI to solve the various sealant performance challenges expressed by window, door and siding installers.
QUAD MAX offers the following benefits, giving contractors the confidence that their craftsmanship will remain intact:
- Flexibility – 5X stretch and 50 percent joint movement for superior performance and long-term durability even with expansion and contraction of construction materials
- Strength – Strong adhesion to more building materials without primer, including vinyl, fiber cement, brick, stucco, PVC trim, stone, coated aluminum, fiberglass, EIFS, wood, glass, flashing tapes and more – creating a barrier against air and moisture infiltration
- Durability – Enhanced UV resistance prevents discoloration, chalking or cracking, and dust- and dirt-resistance maintains superior aesthetics
- Proven cold and wet surface application – develops a strong bond in both wet and dry conditions
- 24-month shelf life – packaged in a plastic water-resistant cartridge to protect the performance characteristics longer
- Color matching – perfectly color matched to more than 4,600 leading siding and window manufacturers’ color palettes
- 24-hour fast cure and paintable in one hour – provides quick protection against the elements
“It’s on the jobsite, working shoulder-to-shoulder with contractors, where we are inspired to develop products that meet the ever-changing demands and practices of the building industry,” said Bill Sobonya, OSI senior brand manager.
The quality and knowledge inherent in OSI’s products and specialized formulations is well recognized by leaders in the building industry and is endorsed by leading building material manufacturers. To further reinforce the performance of its products and demonstrate support of its customers and partners, once a contractor completes installation training and becomes OSI-certified, OSI products offer a 15-year warranty on window and door installation and $10,000 per dwelling on new construction.
For more information on QUAD MAX and to join the OSI Army for product updates and training resources, including access to more than 2,000 training events each year, visit OSI’s new Web site, www.OSITough.com.