The Cold-Formed Steel Engineers Institute (CFSEI) will host a webinar on “Back to Basics: Framing Connection Design” on Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. EDT. This is the sixth webinar in CFSEI’s “Back to Basics” series and is designed for architects, engineers, building officials and contractors. Participants are eligible for 1.5 PDHs.
The webinar will:
- Review the fundamentals of cold-formed steel connection behavior and design.
- Focus on screw and weld connections.
- Provide a limited discussion of bolt and PAF (power-actuated fastener) connections.
- Give an overview of the design provisions of AISI S100, North American Specification for the Design of Cold-Formed Steel Structural Members.
- Explore the application of typical cold-formed steel framing connections such as deflection track, stud-to-track connections, and screw connections with multiple plies of wall sheathing within the screw connection.
Roger A. LaBoube, Ph.D., Curator’s Teaching Professor Emeritus of Civil Engineering and Director of the Wei-Wen Yu Center for Cold-Formed Steel Structures at the Missouri University of Science and Technology, will conduct the webinar. Dr. LaBoube has an extensive background in the design and behavior of cold-formed steel structures including cold-formed steel beams, panels, trusses, headers and wall studs, as well as bolt, weld and screw connections. He is a member of the American Iron and Steel Institute’s Committee on Specifications and the Committee on Framing Standards. He is a Registered Professional Engineer in Missouri.
More information on the webinar and registration details are available at www.cfsei.org.
Report Abusive Comment