Creating a Sense of Motion in Interior Spaces
Hunter Douglas introduced four new products to its Tavola beam and baffle ceiling series: Divergent, Levels, Canted and Cassettes. The latest additions to the series extend the company’s offering of lightweight aluminum beam and baffle solutions and enable a wide range of design possibilities.
“Along with a macro view of standard flat, sloped or curved ceiling planes, architects and designers are also looking for micro movement and extensive designs in the ceiling plane,” said Ron Rice, general manager of Hunter Douglas Ceilings. “The diversity of products in the Tavola series sets a higher standard for aesthetic options, while integrating well with mechanical, electrical, plumbing and framing (MEPF) subsystems.”
Each product offers unique physical attributes:
- Tavola Divergent enables configuration of non-parallel, diverging beams and baffles in pinwheel, basket weave, and chevron designs, along with client specific layouts.
- Tavola Levels combines beams and baffles of multiple heights and widths with various on-center spacing to create topography and rhythm across the ceiling plane.
- Tavola Canted supports three beam styles in three depths that can slope to create exciting and unexpected topographies.
- Tavola Cassettes provide linear arrays of factory-assembled aluminum beams, unitized for simple torsion spring installation.
The Tavola series was designed and engineered at Hunter Douglas’ manufacturing facility in Norcross, Georgia. Tavola series ceilings feature:
- A range of finishes, plus Woodwright wood-look powder coat, film and real wood veneer options;
- Compatibility with industry-standard lighting, HVAC, speaker, fire safety and security services;
- Full BIM support, with both light and heavy files for use at concept and construction phases;
- Standard heavy-duty 15/16-inch T-grid suspension to ensure stability;
- Sustainable construction with factory-fabricated dimensional material to reduce waste;
- Six customizable perforation patterns to elevate acoustical performance.
- GREENGUARD Gold Certification, with no VOCs.
The Hunter Douglas 2015-2016 Commercial Ceilings and Walls Product Guide offers additional details on Tavola products and complements information on the company’s architectural website, accessible at www.hunterdouglasceilings.com.