Metl-Span is honoring the partnerships that bring smartly-constructed, energy-efficient buildings to life through its annual Building of the Year awards program.
“The Building of the Year program honors the hard work our architect and contractor partners are doing for their clients and communities,” said Drew Snoply, director of business development. “The program showcases the innovative collaborations that drive each project with design and energy efficiency at the core.”
This year’s overall winner is TTI Innovation Center in Anderson, South Carolina.
A 300,000-square-foot office and product development facility, TTI Innovation Center was designed by McMillan Pazdan Smith as a signature building on the TTI corporate campus. The facility brought an additional 250 jobs to Anderson and includes walking trails and fields on site. Harper General Contractors was the general contractor for the building, which opened in 2019. The Innovation Center uses Architectural Flat panels installed by Pickens Contracting.
Metl-Span chooses the Building of the Year based on aesthetics and insulated metal panel usage.
The other eleven finalists for this year’s building of the year award are:
- South Carolina Aeronautical Training Center, North Charleston, S.C.
- The Cannon, Houston, Texas
- University of Houston Baseball Club House, Houston, Texas
- CubeSmart Self Storage, Houston, Texas
- Prime Storage, Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
- UA Tech Park, Tucson, Ariz.
- Giovale Open Deck Observatory, Flagstaff, Ariz.
- Fast 5 Xpress, Fullerton, Calif.
- Feldmeier, Mattydale, N.Y.
- Cullowhee Fire Station, Cullowhee, N.C.
- RLS Logistics, Vineland, N.J.
To acknowledge the work of its partners, Metl-Span will feature each of the 12 highlighted projects in a 2021 calendar that it produces. As the winner, TTI Innovation Center will adorn the cover. Each page that features a finalist will also acknowledge the architect, general contractor, installer, Metl-Span business development manager, and Metl-Span sales representative involved in the project.