GMS Inc. provided an update on the continued execution of its growth strategy with six new greenfield openings, as well as the expansion of the footprint of its AMES Taping Tools business with the opening of five new stores since GMS assumed ownership in early December 2021.
“Expanding our platform is one of the four key components of our growth strategy, and the team continues to execute well,” said John C. Turner, Jr., president and Chief Executive Officer of GMS. “We are not only adding key geographies to our existing footprint and core product offerings, but we are also adding capacity to further accelerate growth of our complementary products, enhancing the selection, services and value we provide to our customers.”
As part of its organic growth strategy, GMS has opened six new greenfield locations since the start of January, expanding its presence to provide service to two new Top 100 Metropolitan Statistical Areas (“MSA’s”) and enhancing its service capabilities and product offerings in several others.
- In Fort Myers, Fla., GMS expands its Southwest Florida presence to add an eighteenth location servicing the State of Florida. The new location fills an important whitespace area for GMS in this Top 100 MSA.
- In Milford, Conn., GMS stretches its footprint into Southeast Connecticut to expand coverage into a new Top 100 MSA market.
- In Abilene, Texas, GMS expands westward from its regional base of operations in the Dallas/Fort Worth area to add coverage of the metro area.
- In Statesboro, Ga., GMS expands its presence to add in-market coverage of the growing Statesboro, GA market.
- In Baltimore, Md., GMS expands its coverage in the greater DC/Baltimore metro area, building on its market-leading position and adding this location to, in part, bring an enhanced focus on its tools and fastener offerings in the region.
- In Ocean Springs, Miss., GMS enhances its presence and ability to provide outstanding service in the Gulf Coast region with its second location in the State of Mississippi following the recent 2021 greenfield in Jackson, Miss.
Following its acquisition by GMS in December 2021, the AMES platform continues to grow and execute against its previously existing growth strategy by adding new AMES store locations in five markets. Locations in Madison, Tenn., Houston and Pflugerville, Texas and Greenville, S.C., will add further market coverage to existing geographies, while a store in Peoria, Ill., adds coverage to a new market for AMES.
GMS expects to continue to build on its strong momentum with several additional near-term greenfield and AMES expansion opportunities identified.