Charlotte-based National Gypsum Co. has launched its latest technical resource, “The Wood Book,” at INTEX Expo. Featuring detailed fire-rated assemblies for wood-frame duplexes, townhouses, multi-family, and light commercial projects, “The Wood Book” is an invaluable resource for architects, contractors and building inspectors.
Across nearly 150 pages, “The Wood Book” provides:
- Detailed, fire-rated UL designs for wood-frame walls as well as floor-ceiling and roof-ceiling assemblies;
- Head-of-wall and rim joist details for the intersections of walls and floor-ceiling assemblies;
- Multiple design options for mechanical, elevator and stair shaft enclosures, and;
- New area separation wall details including egress door installations.
“National Gypsum is committed to being the go-to resource for practical and applicable technical support, which is why ‘The Wood Book’ includes UL-rated designs and specifications that architects can use as the basis of design for all of their wood-frame projects,” said Jay Watt, director of Product Marketing. “It provides assurance for inspectors, and peace of mind for contractors and building owners, by addressing the most common fire-rating issues in wood-frame buildings.”
The hundreds of designs found in the book are all tested, meaning they can be implemented directly to wood-frame construction across a number of applications.
Available online at TheWoodBook.com, the book is the latest in a series of technical guides from National Gypsum Company that includes:
- The PURPLE Book II, which is the leading resource on fire-rated assemblies in commercial construction
- The SoundBook 2.0, provides technical details for acoustic assemblies and includes real-world sound-rated designs
To download copies of the book, The PURPLE Book II and The SoundBook 2.0, visit the Design & Resource Center on nationalgypsum.com.