Sarah Sinovic has joined ROCKWOOL North America as Director of Public Affairs & Communications. In this role, Sinovic will draw on her experience working with and for elected officials to engage policymakers, journalists and communities throughout the United States and Canada to advance ROCKWOOL’s efforts to meet critical climate action targets. Made from melted rocks, ROCKWOOL’s sustainable, fire-safe building insulation is the world’s largest manufacturer of stone wool insulation and promotes energy-efficient building design to support climate-resilient communities.
Sinovic will draw on her vast experience in convening stakeholders from multiple sectors in sharing ROCKWOOL’s story and building awareness about the organization’s vision for a decarbonized future. Additionally, Sinovic will work with ROCKWOOL’s executive leadership to find meaningful opportunities to elevate their expertise.
Sinovic’s previous experience includes:
- Orchestrating public-private roundtable discussions and press conferences.
- Managing environmental think tank programming and events that build awareness around climate change challenges.
- Working closely with the media, including writing and placing op-eds, to educate news consumers about complex public policies.
- Advising C-Suite executives on crisis communications, issues management & strategy and branding best practices.
- Directing government affairs committees to advance legislation.
Sinovic has led strategic communications on numerous political campaigns and acted as a spokesperson for elected officials to increase awareness about legislative priorities, including climate change.
Sinovic is based in Washington, D.C. and is a Capitol Hill Alum, having recently worked for Congresswoman Yvette D. Clarke (NY-09) as her communications director. She earned her master’s degree in public policy and administration from Northwestern University and her bachelor’s degree in journalism from Columbia College Chicago.