The subjects covered in the volume, which is a valuable resource for design engineers and those with interest in advanced test methods for adhesive validation, include the following:
- Test methods and specification that improve the ability to determine long-term bond durability, bonding and debonding of wood products
- Test methods that generate more meaningful material information on adhesive reliability
- A method of measuring viscoelastic behavior of adhesives,
- An accurate method of measuring yield strength of adhesives and other materials
- Characterizing fracture properties of adhesive joints under impact loading conditions
- Fracture mechanics applied to adhesive joints
- Coating adhesion testing, and
- Diffusion of fluids in pressure sensitive adhesives.
"STP 1463, Advances in Adhesives, Adhesion Science, and Testing" (144 pages, soft cover, ISBN: 0-8031-3489-4, stock #STP1463) is available online at www.astm.org for $51.