Charlie Whipple, 52, president and CEO of Ames Taping Tool Systems, died in May at Duke University Medical Center.
The company reports that during his time with Ames, the company experienced growth in its retail operations, adding more than 40 new store locations across the country, including the opening of its 100th store milestone. Most recently, in December he led Ames through a change of ownership to help with the company's future growth.
The Steel Framing Alliance announces the appointment of Don Allen to the International Code Council Evaluation Service Industry Advisory Committee.
Paul Neel, dean emeritus of Cal Poly's College of Architecture and Environmental Design, has been awarded the Octavius Morgan Distinguished Service Award for 2005.
Doug Watchel has been named president for the Florida Wall & Ceiling Contractors Association. He succeeds Bill Studstill.
SafeWorks LLC announces its selection of Mike Moritz as director of supply chain.
The National One Coat Stucco Association announced its new officers at a meeting in Long Beach, Calif., during the EIMA, AWCI, CISCA and Intex shows in April.
Ben Garcia, of Expo Stucco Products, in San Diego, was elected president of the association. Paul Dixon, of Sto Corp., was elected vice president and Steve Taylor, of Omega Products International, was elected secretary-treasurer.
George Adams, of EZ Wall Premix Inc.; Peter Daechsel, Degussa Wall Systems; and Tim Williams, UltraKote Products, were elected directors for NOCSA.
Also serving on the board is Charlie Meador, of Magna Wall Inc. The Associate Director is Drake Nelson, of Tyvek Weatherization.
Wayne James, CAE, CSI remains the executive director.
The Gypsum Association announced the election of the following officers from the Board of Directors for 2006-2007, named at the recent meeting of the Association's Board of Directors in Long Beach, Calif.
- Chairman is James W. McNeer, vice president of Gypsum Operations, Temple-Inland Forest Products
- Past Chairman is David R. Obergefell, vice president, Manufacturing West Region, USG
- First Vice-Chairman is Ike N. Preston, president, Lafarge North America Inc.
- Second Vice-Chairman is Kerry G. Gannaway, senior vice president, Manufacturing, American Gypsum
- Treasurer is Gerard P. Carroll, senior vice president of Manufacturing Operations and Engineering, National Gypsum Co.
- Secretary is Michael A. Gardner, executive director of Gypsum Association
The officers were elected All terms are effective May 1, 2006.