G-P Gypsum Studio Features Revit and SketchUp Designs
Georgia-Pacific Design Studio, an online resource portal for the design and construction industry from Georgia-Pacific Gypsum, has expanded its offering to include downloadable files that make 3-D design easier, faster and more accurate for architects, specifiers and contractors using Division 9 products.
Now, more than 125 files built in the AutoDesk Revit software and 23 files built in SketchUp, a 3-D modeling offering from Trimble Navigation Limited, are available in the Georgia-Pacific Design Studio. The files, which include wall, floor/ceiling combinations; area separation wall; and shaftwall assemblies designed with Georgia-Pacific Gypsum products, can be easily downloaded or imported into Revit or SketchUp for BIM models. The Revit and SketchUp files—and related resources—are available at www.GPDesignStudio.com.
“The addition of simple-to-use commercial assemblies using 3-D compatible files is an important tool on our popular online Georgia-Pacific Design Studio,” said Mike McCoy, senior director-Product Management and Marketing, Georgia-Pacific Gypsum. “Along with other tools on the site, the Revit and SketchUp files give architects, specifiers and contractors free resources needed to complete their work more efficiently.”
The designs were built using Revit 2012, which means they are also compatible with Revit 2013 and 2014 versions; and with SketchUp 7.
Other tools available at www.GPDesignStudio.com are:
- Assemblies Library – searchable database of detailed information, illustrations and performance characteristics for numerous wall systems and assemblies using Georgia-Pacific Gypsum products
- CAD Drawings –2-D CAD details of various assemblies, available in multiple formats
- LEED Calculation Tools -- concise information about a product’s potential LEED credit contribution in the U.S. and Canada, including specific data regarding recycled content and regional materials
- Online Architectural and Roofing Binders – Division 9 and Division 7 compilations of specifications, working documents and case histories
- Residential Wall Systems Comparison Tool – for examining and comparing recommended pre-configured wall systems in five climate zones based on fundamental performance characteristics using different claddings, insulations and interior membranes.