Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers held a two-day auction at its site in Fort Worth, Texas, selling over 3,800 equipment items and trucks for over $52 million.
More than 4,900 people from 55 countries registered to bid in the unreserved public auction on September 27 – 28, including approximately 3,450 registering to bid online. U.S. buyers purchased 90 percent of the equipment, including 47 percent purchased by Texas buyers, while international buyers from as far away as Singapore, Saudi Arabia, and Germany purchased 10 percent of the equipment.
"With a full auditorium and strong participation online, we achieved solid equipment and truck pricing on both days of the auction," said Neal Black, regional sales manager of Ritchie Bros. "Along with large numbers of local and national buyers, we saw a lot of bids from international registrants in this auction, particularly bidders from Mexico, who were buyers or runner-up bidders on many items. We would like to thank all our consignors, bidders and buyers—we look forward to seeing you at our next auction."
Ritchie Bros. sold equipment to more than 645 owners in the Fort Worth auction. Highlights included 285+ truck tractors, 295+ trailers, 135+ excavators, 115+ skid steers, 90 loaders, 70+ compactors, 45+ dozers, 75 flatbed trucks, 55 dump trucks, 85+ aerial work platforms, 20+ cranes and more. All items were sold without minimum bids or reserve prices.
Specific equipment sales highlights
- Two 2007 Caterpillar D6N LGP crawler tack tractors sold for a combined $515,000
- Two Terex RT555-2 55-ton rough terrain cranes sold for a combined $460,000
- A 2007 Terex Demag AC200 240-ton 10x8x8 all-terrain crane sold for $450,000
- A 2014 Volvo A40F articulated dump truck sold for $205,000
- A 2014 Case CX470C LC hydraulic excavator sold for $195,000
- A 2012 Caterpillar 140M2 VHP Plus motor grader sold for $150,000
AUCTION QUICK FACTS: FORT WORTH, TEXAS – September 27 – 28, 2017
- Total Gross Auction Proceeds – $52+ million
- Amount sold to online bidders – $30+ million (58 percent)
- Total registered bidders (in person and online) – 4,900+
- Registered online bidders – 3,450+
- Total lots sold – 3,800+
- Number of sellers – 645+
Ritchie Bros. currently has more than 40,000 equipment items, trucks, and other assets listed for sale in its upcoming onsite unreserved auctions, IronPlanet weekly online auctions and its other marketplaces. For those looking to sell, we are now accepting consignments for our next Texas auction in Houston on November 8 – 9, and are always accepting consignments for our IronPlanet online marketplaces.