The Steel Joist Institute is hosting a new webinar “Design of Steel Deck for Concentrated and Non-Uniform Loading” in partnership with the Steel Deck Institute on Wednesday, March 21 from 11:00 a.m.-12:15 p.m. EDT, followed by a 15-minute Q&A session.
Steel floor and roof deck manufacturers publish load tables for uniform loads, but what if the loads on your project are not uniform? Designers frequently face concentrated loads caused by rack systems, forklifts, scissor lifts, mechanical equipment, RTUs, and other dead, live or construction loads. This webinar will provide designers with the rationale needed to better analyze these loading conditions to ensure a proper design.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize load cases that require additional analyses beyond distribution as a uniform load.
- Understand the limit states for slab design under concentrated loads.
- Examine different load paths for varying concentrated load conditions.
- Review current Steel Deck Institute (SDI) design approach for concentrated loads.
- Demonstrate potential shortcuts to concentrated load design.
- Present example problems for design with concentrated loads.
Individual and site registration is now available online at steeljoist.org/mar21webinar. Individual registration cost is $75. Each person who registers will receive his or her own link to the webinar, earn 1.5 PDHs, and receive a certificate of completion from SJI. Site registration is also available for $300, allowing multiple attendees from the same company to utilize one link to the webinar.