The Steel Joist Institute (SJI) is hosting a “Design of Steel Deck for Concentrated and Non-Uniform Loading” webinar in partnership with the Steel Deck Institute on Wednesday, June 20 from 3:00-4:15 p.m. EDT, followed by a 15-minute Q&A session.
Steel floor and roof deck manufacturers publish load tables for uniform loads, but what if the loads on your project are not uniform? Designers are frequently met with concentrated loads caused by rack systems, forklifts, scissor lifts, mechanical equipment, remote terminal units and other dead, live or construction loads. This webinar will provide designers with the rationale needed to better analyze these loading conditions to ensure proper design.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize load cases that require additional analysis beyond distribution as a uniform load
- Understand the limit states for slab design under concentrated loads
- Examine different load paths for varying concentrated load conditions
- Review current Steel Deck Institute design approach for concentrated loads
- Demonstrate potential shortcuts to concentrated load design
- Present example problems for design with concentrated loads
Individual and site registration is now available online at http://steeljoist.org/june20webinar. Individual registration cost is $75. Each person who registers will receive his or her own link to the webinar, earn 1.5 PDHs and receive a certificate of completion from SJI. Site registration is also available for $300, allowing multiple attendees from the same company to utilize one link to the webinar.