The Steel Joist Institute announced its 2018 Live Webinar schedule. With a new lineup of topics pertaining to the steel joist industry, SJI will present one webinar per month through December. Participants will earn professional development hours for each webinar they attend.
This year, the Live Webinar series features the following topics:
- March – Design of Steel Deck for Concentrated and Non-Uniform Loading (presented in partnership with the Steel Deck Institute), occurring on Wednesday, March 21
- April – Nothing Flat About Steel Joists and Metal Deck on a Pitched Roof
- May – Simple Connections Simplified
- June – Design of Steel Deck for Concentrated and Non-Uniform Loading (presented in partnership with the Steel Deck Institute)
- July – Welding in, on and Around Steel Joists
- August – Bridging: How It Works and What to Work Around
- September – Joist 101: Steel Joists and Girders
- October – Part 1: Evaluation and Modification of Open Web Steel Joists and Joist Girders
- November – Part 2: Evaluation and Modification of Open Web Steel Joists and Joist Girders
- December – Ethics, Laws and Regulations (presented in partnership with Stites & Harbison)
Specific dates and times will be announced prior to each webinar.
The webinar series is geared toward structural engineers, fabricators, detailers and connection design firms who are responsible for steel joist and Joist Girder building designs and their connections. Individuals who are responsible for the design of Joist Girder moment frames that are subjected to gravity and lateral loading as well as those responsible for auditing, reviewing or approving such designs will benefit from these courses.
Individual registration cost is $75 and each person who registers will receive his or her own link to the webinar. Site registration is also available for $300, allowing multiple attendees from the same company to utilize one link to the webinar. Additional information can be found at steeljoist.org/2018webinars.