The Steel Joist Institute is offering a new webinar “Simple Connections Simplified” on Wednesday, May 16 from 11:00 a.m.-12:15 p.m. EST, followed by a 15-minute Q&A session. The May webinar will explore the best connections for all things joist and deck, with an emphasis on keeping them simple.
Presenters will first cover the requirements and options for attachment to the supports, followed by the structural and trade elements that may be attached to joists or deck and the various methods of making those connections. At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the requirements for joist and Joist Girder anchorage to supports.
- Review bridging connections and connections that are part of lateral load resisting systems.
- Understand the options for hanging loads from joists, either structural or trade elements.
- Identify the deck to support connection types and details.
- Summarize deck connection patterns and applications.
- Review deck hanging load connections.
Individual and site registration is now available online at steeljoist.org/may16webinar. Individual registration cost is $75. Each person who registers will receive his or her own link to the webinar, earn 1.5 PDHs and receive a certificate of completion from SJI. Site registration is also available for $300, allowing multiple attendees from the same company to utilize one link to the webinar.