Insulation Industry Leaders:
We regret to inform you that the 2020 Insulation Industry Washington D.C. Fly-In, scheduled for May 19-20th is cancelled. We made this decision due to the uncertain status of travel and meeting restrictions, and out of an abundance of caution for the health of meeting participants.
This doesn’t mean the end of our advocacy efforts with Congress. It is more important than ever that members of Congress hear from you to understand how the COVID-19 crisis affects your business and our industry. You are extremely busy, so we want to make connecting with Congress as easy as possible.
If you are willing to spend a few minutes talking by phone to a Senator or Representative from the states where you are an employer, simply click the link below and fill out the registration form. We will take it from there and set up the phone calls to occur throughout the month of April.
Members of Congress are like everyone else. They are social distancing and unable to participate in public meetings. At the same time, they will shape the government policies in the coming months that will enable our country to recover. They are interested in talking to the business leaders in their states who are navigating the crisis.
These are not scripted calls and there is no uniform "ask." Rather, the conversations are a chance to share your views on the following possible topics:
- Why the construction industry must be considered essential and remain open while adhering to the appropriate risk mitigation practices during this crisis
- The steps our industry is taking to protect worker safety
- The challenges of stopping and starting operations and supply chains
- If your company has tried to access Small Business Association loans, how that experience went
- The likelihood of company lay-offs and scaling back of capital investment because of the crisis
- How the halt in home energy efficiency retrofit activity has impacted your business
- How the construction industry can be part of the strategy to put Americans back to work
This targeted outreach is a chance to have policymakers understand how this crisis is impacting our industry specifically. Conversations with your Senators and Representatives will increase the likelihood that leaders in Washington, D.C. consider the experiences of the insulation industry when the recovery begins.
Take action with us. Click here and register to join in our insulation industry advocacy phone calls.