“I consider it a great honor to introduce this compilation of important works into the Shotcrete field,” said Chris Zynda, president of the ASA. Shotcrete Papers Released by ASA Papers are grouped under the following headings:
- Shotcrete Research and Development: Morgan supervised many programs to further new Shotcrete technology, including investigations of shrinkage and bond of Shotcrete.
- Freeze-Thaw Durability of Shotcrete: Morgan participated in many of the durability studies in North America.
- Fiber Reinforced Shotcrete: Morgan and his colleagues in Western Canada were pioneers in the development and use of fiber-reinforced Shotcrete. His paper with Dallas Mowat comparing plain, mesh, and steel fiber reinforced Shotcrete in 1984 led to the extensive use of fiber Shotcrete for ground support throughout the world.
- Shotcrete for Ground and Underground Support: The five papers included here illustrate the growth and efficiency of this technology.
- Infrastructure Rehabilitation with Shotcrete: A medley of presentations demonstrates the various ways Shotcrete can be used to restore the structural utility of our infrastructure and a review of other applications for the material.