CertainTeed Helps Architects with Environmental Acoustics, IAQ, Thermal Performance
At last week’s AIA Convention in Chicago, CertainTeed had a dual presence at the show with inventive products and experts on hand and continuing education courses at the Building Knowledge learning lounge.
“From insulation to polymer siding to photovoltaic roofing systems, our products touch nearly every aspect of residential and commercial construction,” said Eric Nilsson, vice president of corporate marketing for CertainTeed. “We back all of our products with extensive education and training, allowing architects to strengthen their skills, increase their knowledgebase and specify smarter.”
- The “Down with Decibels” movement to take down unwanted noise in office, school and healthcare buildings. CertainTeed is leading a monumental movement to restore the silence in interior spaces. Experts on Environmental Acoustics research and design were on hand to answer questions and rally attendees around the idea that acoustics profoundly impact the way people work, learn and heal in the built environment. Through an on-site petition, architects could join the growing ranks of those who have pledged to make acoustics a priority in their projects.
- CertainTeed previewed the new Building Knowledge Academy of Continuing Education, an easy-to-use, multimedia hub for the company’s extensive collection of CEU courses, providing architects an engaging, dynamic learning experience. Architects can also access the dBstation mobile app, which simulates the acoustical differences of wall systems in real-world applications.
- Solutions that boost energy efficiency and indoor air quality the industry—first SMARTBATT with MoistureSense technology made its debut at the show. This revolutionary kraft-faced fiberglass insulation lets walls breathe to help maintain dry, healthy indoor environments. The industry-only AirRenew IAQ Gypsum Board and the high-performing, brilliant-looking Apollo Solar Roofing were also be on display.
- The Building Knowledge Learning Lounge featured eight AIA-certified courses on evidence-based design, environmental product declarations and healthy indoor environments. CertainTeed sister companies, Vetrotech and SAGE Electrochromics presented courses on fire-rated glass and integrated window and lighting systems.
- CertainTeed and the global leader in door opening solutions, ASSA ABLOY headlined the “Solutions for a Sound Future” panel discussion. The event shed light on the companies’ unprecedented collaboration in optimizing acoustics in educational settings.
- Attendees took a deep dive into the sustainable product development and manufacturing in the newly published CertainTeed Corporate Sustainability Report. The 32-page report outlined the company’s environmental performance and future goals for energy conservation, water and waste reductions and carbon emissions.