More than 2,000 engineers, architects, contractors, educators, manufacturers, and material representatives from around the world are expected to convene at the Disneyland Hotel and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel, Anaheim, CA, USA, October 15-19, 2017, to collaborate on concrete codes, specifications and standards. Technical and educational sessions will provide attendees with the latest research, case studies, best practices, and the opportunity to earn Professional Development Hours.
The Southern California Chapter of ACI are proud to host the convention this fall, as an opportunity to showcase the companies, projects, current events, and landmarks that inspired the convention theme of Making Connections. Convention highlights that attendees can look forward to include:
- International Workshop on Structural Concrete: Technology Advancement and Adoption in the Americas
- 13th International Symposium on Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Reinforcement of Concrete Structures
- Women in Concrete Alliance Summit
- ACI Chapter Fall Roundtable
- International Lunch with special guests Jae-Hoon Lee and Hong-Gun Park
- Student Egg Protection Device Competition
- Inaugural Student Eco Concrete Competition
- NASA Centennial Challenge Demonstration
- Student Lunch with speaker Conrad Paulson
- Contractors’ Day Lunch with speaker Kent Estes
- 10th Anniversary ACI Concrete Sustainability Forum
- Third-Annual Excellence in Concrete Construction Awards Gala
- An industry exhibition showcasing up to 70 exhibitors
Throughout the convention, ACI will hold over 300 committee meetings, 30+ technical sessions, an industry trade exhibition, networking events, and more. Registration is open online through September 25, 2017 and discounted rates are offered until September 17, 2017. To learn more about the ACI Convention and to register, please visit www.aciconvention.org.